AMAHORO PEOPLE’S CONGRESS
To lever the pacific transformation of the Rwandan nation in a constitutional state where all the citizens are equal and treated with dignity and fairness.
On the policy environment, AMAHORO is in favour of a political system based on the following points:
- Sovereignty of the people. Rwandan people have to be the lead actors and the main beneficiaries of all the activities on the Rwandan political scene.
- Consociative democracy. Every group in the Rwandan population should be taken into account when decisions are made that could affect them or the national life.
- Restorative justice. Justice has to strive to repair the wrongs. Everyone involved in crimes, either as victims or as criminals, has to have the opportunity to fully participate in the definition of their common future if they want to. The government has to preserve a just public order, and the community has to maintain a just peace.
- Decentralization of authority. The problems and the solutions concerning the national collective life have to be addressed by the administration level that can solve the problems and find solutions and is the closest to the beneficiaries. The economic means that reflect the problems and the solutions aforementioned have to be distributed accordingly.
- Parliamentary system. The government has to be accountable for his actions to the parliament, and if there is disagreement, the view of the parliament has to be overriding.
- Controlled liberal economic system. The government and the parliamentary have the responsibility to describe the rules of the economic game. Within that frame, the economic operators have the right to continue at their activities, without being harassed by government employees. The government should not get directly involved in economic activities, except when not doing so would be harmful to the economic stability of the country.
To meet its goals, in accordance with its mission, AMAHORO wants to actively cooperate with all the national and international stakeholders who are committed to fight for the interests and the future of the Rwandan people.
Generally, the party will be very interested in any public action that could influence the community life or a part of or all of Rwandan people, in Rwanda and elsewhere.
The activities of the party extend everywhere Rwandans live: in Rwanda and across every continent.
TO CONTACT AMAHORO PEOPLE’S CONGRESS:
Amahoro People’s Congress
CP 24024 CSP-POINTE
Montreal (Quebec), Canada